Welcome to Discrimination Services of New York
Discrimination Services of New York (DSOFNY) located in Binghamton, NY is a professional response service and document preparation agency. We collaborate and develop informational summary submissions, then present them to NYS Division of Human Rights, US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on your behalf. We provide non-legal assistance for our clients throughout the discrimination investigation.
Discrimination hurts and the first step to stopping it is to stand up to it. This is no easy task, especially since you are alone and up against companies, both large and small and their attorneys. It is all too easy to get lost and confused in a system that you are unfamiliar with.
Trying to understand all of the submissions is daunting. Knowing how to defend yourself while presenting a good case is nothing short of a balancing act. After a few submissions, all you want to do is give up. How do we know this?
We speak from personal experience and we know exactly what you are going through. We have an understanding of how the system works, but most importantly, we understand the need to have someone with experience on your side. You have enough to worry about, without trying to figure out how to develop and interpret a sound informational summary. We are not emotionally involved, which provides us with the perspective needed to assist and stand up to discrimination, individuals, and employers.
If you live outside of NYS or the United States contact us.
We may be able to assist you.
We are a confidential service provider
- Have you experienced sexual harassment?
- Have you been wrongfully terminated from employment?
- Have you been passed over for a promotion?
- Are you subjected to racial, sexual or religious derogatory comments?
- Do you think you might have experienced some form of discrimination?
- Are you over 40 years of age, and think you were not hired or promoted due to your age?
- Were you refused a home, rental apartment, job or promotion due to family status, pregnancy, disability, race, religion, gender, or national origin?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, you may have experienced discrimination. Contact DSOFNY for an appointment.
Don’t gamble with your future, your investigation, discrimination or yourself. Contact DSOFNY. We can help you get the results that you deserve!
Attention Teens & Parents!
Teen sexual harassment is on the rise in the United States. What is Sexual Harassment? Here are some examples.
- Physical contact, like grabbing, pinching, touching body parts or kissing you against your will.
- Sexual comments, like name-calling, starting rumors about you, making sexual jokes at your expense, or making sexual gestures at or about you.
- Sexual propositions, like asking you for sex or repeatedly asking you out when you have said no.
- Unwanted communication, like phone calls, letters, or e-mails. These can be mean, nasty, or threatening, or they can seem flattering or nice but still make you uncomfortable.
These are only examples; there may be other forms of behavior that are not listed here but still can be considered sexual harassment.
Both the harasser and the victim can be either male or female, and they do not have to be the opposite sex. The harasser can be another teenager or an adult.
If you are a victim of sexual harassment or discrimination, you might feel some of the following...
- Feel angry, embarrassed, frustrated, scared, or depressed
- Feel helpless to stop the harassment
- Feel hopeless that anything can be done
- Not feel good about yourself
- Fear that your reputation will be destroyed
- Go out of your way to avoid the harasser(s)
- Uncertain of what to do or how to act
You're not alone and we can help you!!
- 81 percent of students will experience some form of sexual harassment at some time while they are in school, with 27 percent experiencing it often.
- 85 percent of students report that students harass other students at their schools.
- Almost 40 percent of students report that teachers and other school employees sexually harass students in their schools.
If you have seen or experienced sexual harassment or discrimination, contact us! We now work with TEENS on all forms of discrimination.
Below are some links on Teen Discirmination.
If you or someone that you know has been discriminated against, contact Discrimination Services of New York.
There are time limits in which you must file your claim. Unsure just how much time you do have?
Already have a complaint filed? No need to worry.
Has your discrimination investigation already begun?
We have what it takes to get you through your discrimination investigation.